Please note that this event has been moved from Whitireia Park to Taputeranga Marine Reserve
Dive into Wellington’s amazing Taputeranga Marine Reserve this summer at a free Community Snorkel event brought to you in partnership with Mountains to Sea Wellington and Experiencing Marine Reserves.
Just off the coast of Island Bay there is heaps of underwater beauty to discover and the Mountains to Sea Wellington team are here to help!
What you need to know
- All gear, guides and good times provided! You’ll be in safe hands the entire time.
- Beginners and new snorkelers are very welcome. You will be paired with an experienced guide to ensure your safety and enjoyment.
- Snorkelers need to be at least 8 years old and confident in-water. Those under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Registrations will open at 10am. Come down to book a snorkel time for the day as spots do fill up quickly.
- Bring along your togs, towel, refreshments and make a day of it exploring the fun stalls and activities.
- Please consider your travel choices. We encourage bikes, buses and carpools where you can.
- Bring along your friends and whānau and enjoy connecting with te taiao.
Mountains to Sea Wellington works to connect people to te taiao, building understanding through science and exploration and inspiring people to care for the environment. Free Community Snorkel Events happen across the region each summer. You can find out more on their website.
Stay updated with event details, cancellations, postponements, or location changes through the Facebook event pages.